Saturday, November 22, 2008

We have been in Texas one month tomorrow. Time sure flies especially when one is very busy like Mac and I have been. I hope soon everything will be under control with leaders for different activities all in place. And we will be able to relax. We moved into our own office this past 2 days. Put up some picures I will take down the bedroom looking window toppers. I will wash the blinds and windows and we will be all set.
I woke up at 3Am and by 4am. I did not go back to sleep;therefore I got
up and croched till 7am. I went to the hall with my crocheting as I volunteered to have a 5 hand poker walk. 5 people showed up at 8am. They all walked around a distance I had set, it turns out going around this block 5 times equals 1 mile. Each one puts a quarter into the pot. At the end of each of the mile they get 5 cards. Highest person wins the pot. A red flush got it this morning. I serve coffee to them. So now it is 10:30am I am feeling not too bad but that bed is so tempting.
This job Mac and I have has kept us more busy thrn we wanted it to be.So I decided that I wanted to spend moore time out of my office . In the calander schedule I put our phone numbers in it so people can contact me when I am out of the office. I plan on taking the button jewellery class.(did you know US spells jewlery like this )I want to make a no sew shopping bag It is stapped and ducked tapped,stronger then sewing. Spanish weaving. Peggy my sister is doing a great job of putting crafts together. She is getting outside people to come in to show us how to do some of these things.

see ya

1 comment:

wandi said...

It was good to hear from you tonight. Thanks for the Birthday wishes. It's good to hear that you are having a good time and enjoying the good weather. I know you are busy , but I think you both would be bored out of your tree if you could not be involved in your community. That's just you. Love you lots. Miss you too.

Love Wandi