Tuesday, January 27, 2009

How are you in the deep freeze of the north.It is 87 F today. We were just setting out with our back yard neighbours who happen to be Dorothy and Alfred Arendt. It is sure nice to have them. On Saturday afternoon we were so very surprised to have Marg and Marvin Fuller drop in on us. I was so blessed they cared enough to come out of their way to see us, they flew into Huston to visit with her sister and husband, and decided to drive down to the Rio Grand Valley to look around. Marg works with Mac and Jackie out at camp in the kitchen. I was truly blessed.

We are not in the office as much as in the past few months, we are out playing with the people and getting to know them. I went to a flee market this morning with my sister and husband I bought 3 shirts for myself for a total of $11.00. many of the seniors buy all their cloths from places called Ropas. They are large non insulated building maybe as large as coso or Super value buildings with piles of cloths just dumped on the floor . People go through them by climbimg up on top of them and start sorting etc. like a five or 10 feet high mounds of clothes,some are used good clothes some are rejects from stores.Large dump trucks just back into the store and dump them. some are sorted into one size bundles wrapped with plastic wrapped and sold by the pound. you take what you get . It could be 50-100 pounds of clothes you take it home and sort through it etc. all the clothes are sold by the pound. So the Mexican people buy like this,and have a spot at th flee market and hang up the clothed and sell them.I like buying them this way. already sorted and hung. ibring them home and wash them before wearing them. the ones I got today looked like no one wore them.

This is my adventure for today . I thought I'd share with you

3 comments:

wandi said...

Hey momma so to hear that you have blogged about you experience. It has been awhile since you have made a post. We all miss you very much.
Love you. xoxoxoxooxox

wandi said...

I would be hesitant buying a bundle of used clothes, that have been dumped on the floor from a dump truck. Think of all the couties. That's just me though. I am with you pick them from the clothes rack. Where do these clothes come from? It was nice that Marg and her husband came to see you. Also nice that the Arendts are there too. We miss you.
Love Wandi

Jen said...

I didn't know you were blogging again Grannie! Great to get an update.

That sounds like an interesting way to shop for sure!