Saturday, November 03, 2007

We have been in Corpus Christi.4 days and have packed alot of scouting. Today we are visiting flea markets. One is very close to us. Mac has started his business of Knife sharpening. The owner told him to post his cards at the club house, post office, and office.

We were beach bums yesterday, the saqnd here is normal grey sand . I got a bit tanned. We drove along the shore for miles, went wading in the gulf of Mexico. It was quite warm. The water is a bit sandy. At Gulf Shores last spring the water was very clear and cooler,the sand was white, it seems very strange because this is all the Gulf of Mexico.from Florida to here.

We walked along a pier and watched the surfers catch the big waves. it made me feel like it would be fun. I am sure I would be spurting and sputting the salt water due to taking breaths at the wrong time. I am too brittle boned to do it.
Our RV lots are very close together but sufficent,all cement and white stones , no grass, or mud. The neighbours are quiet. We have not met them yet we have been busy scouting. One day the novelty will wear off and we will stay put longer.

Peggy my sister have not scouted out wool, material shops as yet, after all we have six months down here, can't do everything in a few days , but we are trying Teeheee.
Our lot backs into bushes behind us so do not have back yard neighbours.

I met our left hand neighbour and he poured his heart out to me. He has had a lot of deaths in his family. I was able to suggest to him to leave it in Gods hands and told him I would pray for him . He was so thankful that I would pray.

I am praying that I will be a strong testimony to others down here.

see ya another day

1 comment:

wandi said...

Momma please do not take up surfing. I want you back here in one peice. It sounds so wonderful where you are. Yes you must slow down and take things in stride. Like you said you are there for 6 months. The wool and fabric shops will be there in time. I sure do miss you lots.