Saturday, August 18, 2007

Well I am finally back to knowing how to post on my blog account.
I want to make a few comments on Jens title of Church goers.
I want to challenge all of you to dig into The Bible and find out what does fellowship mean. We as Christians think fellowship means having social activities with Christians. I wonder what God says about that. I vagally know the answer. But this has perked me to get into Gods word and find out what God has to say about it.
If you take a fire and move the fuel away it goes out . That's what happens to Christians when they remove themselves from other Christians. WE AS HUMANS HAVE THE IDEA WE MUST BE INTERTAINED ALL THE TIME EVEN AT CHURCH, OTHERWISE I AM NOT HAPPY. Curling up at home on a Sunday and doing other things you'd rather do finding that more satisfying than being in church. .Satan is at work and has a hold and boy is he happy. You draw away and become cold towards God and his people . One gets turned off on sermons and preachers. . Don't rely on the preacher for your spiritual growth we all should prepare our hearts before attending church to recieve something from God not the preacher he is only an instrument of God like we are . I have to admit when I go, not prepared myself before God and ask him to open my heart and mine to his message, I go with a cold closed heart and mind and sit and become negative towards all things in the service. Satan has it easy with me he has already convinced me it is more easy to remove myself from things Of God like church and his people.
One way I feel closer to the fellowship of a church is to get invloved with a small group Bible study and prayer time.Get to know your Christian friends and they you also you can be a menter to each other. best way is too study Gods word for ourselves as well. Pastor Rob will be talking about small group invloment tommorrow. I am excited to see what God has for me.
I am the way the truth and the life: no man comes to the father but by me " there is only one way to God.
Satan will make you believe that different ways.you will not find different ways quoted in the Bible.
I challenge each one of you to study Gods word and find out what he says about fellowship. relationship, worship. forsake,rightousness,faithfulness,faithful,faithless,faith, abiding in Gods word,
How can I encourage other Christains with Gods words if I do not know God and his word? All other words are empty. thats my feelings but dig and find out for yourselves, I' ll pray that the truth of God will guide you, and satan will not have a hold on any of us.
I have heard it said I can have felloship by myself at home I don't need church. What does God say? let me know maybe we can compare notes. It is more injoyable to study together and share feelings and thoughts with other Christian frinds.It gives us more insight into God .


grannie pat

2 comments:

wandi said...

Thanks for the sermon mom.

Jen said...

Lots of good insights there! Thanks for the input. :)